One of my favorite mom brands, Lansinoh has just come out with their own version of a manual pump, or as they like to call it, a “breastmilk collector“. I saw this and just had to have it. I am a huge fan of Lansinoh so I had faith that this product would not disappoint, and it did not.
Here are some of the key features of this device:
- Neck strap – It has a strap to hold the pump in place so it doesn’t get accidentally knocked off by baby (or you).
|Neck Strap Hook|
- Large capacity – Now the pump is labeled to 3+ oz but you could easily fit 4 oz.
- Suction base – This keeps it from spilling over, again by either baby or you.
- Release tab – To make this pump easier to remove once attached to the surface, just lift the tab to break the suction.
- Lid – This keeps the milk covered to help avoid spills and contamination.
- The measurements are not 100% accurate. It’s off by about 10 mLs or so. Here’s a comparison of 1/3 oz of in the breastmilk collector to 1/3 oz in my breastmilk storage bottle.
Overall, this pump is a great way to build a stash without really trying. As a matter of fact, I’m using it while typing this post. In the past 2 days, I’ve been able to passively catch 12 oz of milk. This is perfect during the weekend to help me start off the week since I exclusively breastfeed during the weekend and baby gets bottles during the day while I’m at work.
P.S. as of 3/2/19, this item is not available on Amazon but is still available on Walmart.com
This post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated for sales generated through these links.