One of my favorite mom brands, Lansinoh has just come out with their own version of a manual pump, or as they like to call it, a “breastmilk collector“. I saw this and just had to have it. I am a huge fan of Lansinoh so I had faith that this product would not disappoint, and it did not.
- Neck strap – It has a strap to hold the pump in place so it doesn’t get accidentally knocked off by baby (or you).
- Neck Strap Hook – This hooks onto the neck strap.
- Large capacity – Now the pump is labeled to 3+ oz but you could easily fit 4 oz.
- Suction base – This keeps it from spilling over, again by either baby or you.
- Release tab – To make this pump easier to remove once attached to the surface, just lift the tab to break the suction.
- Lid – This keeps the milk covered to help avoid spills and contamination.
This product is comparable to the 2nd generation haakaa, which also has the suction base. However, the haakaa does not come with a lid, nor a neck strap.
The best part of this is the price! Right now, it’s listed on Amazon.com for $14.99 but I was able to get it for as little as $10.49 with a %30 off coupon.
Now I only have one con:
The measurements are not 100% accurate. It’s off by about 10 mLs or so. Here’s a comparison of 1/3 oz of in the breastmilk collector to 1/3 oz in my breastmilk storage bottle.
Overall, this pump is a great way to build a stash without really trying. As a matter of fact, I’m using it while typing this post. In the past 2 days, I’ve been able to passively catch 12 oz of milk. This is perfect during the weekend to help me start off the week since I exclusively breastfeed during the weekend and baby gets bottles during the day while I’m at work.
P.S. as of 3/2/19, this item is not available on Amazon but is still available on Walmart.com
This post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated for sales generated through these links.